Last Updated: 11/1/20
1. At 12:33 on 10/4/20, it was 66 degrees F outside and nice. The 1800 gallon pond was at 58 degrees F, and the 153 gallon pond was at 60 degrees F. I squirted off all the filter materials, put in additives, and added water to all the ponds. While in the big pond, I bounced the net up and down to get the leaves to the edge where I could collect and remove them. There were about four buckets full of leaves which is just a start. Soon enough, I will need the wheelbarrow.
2. I did pond work on 10/11/20 at 10:47 am because it was supposed to rain in the afternoon which it, of course, did not. Both ponds were at 64 degrees F. The air temperature was a warm 67 degrees F. I squirted off all the filter materials, collected leaves on the nets, put in additives, and topped off the ponds. I changed the PondMaster filters. The Biosteps filter was due to be cleaned out but, since I'm putting it up in a week or two, I didn't do it. I also didn't fertilize which was due as I think I'm done with that for the year. The lack of frogs is glaring. Due to the water snake presumably, it's eerily quiet at the pond. Normally, on warm fall days, there are frogs hopping on the nets but not a single one.
3. At 12:37 on 10/18/20, it was a nice 62 degrees F outside with a little breeze. The 1800 gallon pond was at 54 degrees F, and the 153 gallon pond was at 57 degrees F. I squirted off all the filter materials, added water, and put in additives. The Biosteps filter and auxiliary pump were due to be removed but it's supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's all week so very warm so I left them in for now.
4. At 12:39 on 10/25/20, it was 47 degrees F, and it was lightly raining. I put on longjohns and sweat pants and a cap to keep the rain off my glasses and got to work. The 1800 gallon pond was still at a toasty 60 degrees F, and the 153 gallon pond was at 58 degrees F. I removed leaves from the nets. I collected all the yard doohickeys and plopped them on the back porch to bring in, clean, dry, and put up later. I brought in a pot with two plants, one of which is actually bluebells just like the ones in my pond which I need to bring in next week. I took apart the Biosteps filter and put all the parts on the porch to clean, dry, and put up later. I squirted all the other filter materials. I added water and additives to the ponds.
Copyright © 1997-2020 Robyn Rhudy